1. If you don’t have a twitter account, Summize is the easiest to use to read the party tweets. Simply enter the party hashtag (example #glutenfreely for the General Mills gluten-free party). A twitter account is required to reply to tweets.
2. Familiarize yourself with TweetGrid before the party. TweetGrid has several advantages over Summize. TweetGrid is faster, the party hashtag is automatically added to tweets, your @replies are displayed, and the grid layout can be customized.
3. Compile a list of some relevant links and tweets ahead of time, so you can quickly copy and paste them during the party.
4. Introduce yourself during the party with information relevant to the topic.
5. To increase your chances of winning a prize, pay attention to tweets during the party and read websites of companies offering prizes. Often, prizes are awarded to the first person to correctly answer a question.
There are two gluten-free twitter parties next week. Click on the links to RSVP.
Glutino: January 11 at 8pm EST #GF
General Mills: January 14 at 7pm EST #glutenfreely